Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get a copy of a Police Report?

Reports are given out for the Police Records room located on the lower level of the Municipal Complex. The hours are as follows: Tuesday - Friday....9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Mondays................2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
A fee of $.75 per page is charged

How do I get a vehicle out of impound?

In order to retrieve your vehicle you will need to bring the following to the police station for the Vehicle Release Form. 1. Identification 2. Proof of Ownership of the vehicle 3. Proof of liability insurance. After producing these documents, you will be given the Impound release form and informed where your vehicle is being stored. The impound company will not release your vehicle without the release form. You will be responsible to the impound company for any towing/storage fees before your vehicle is released.

What is the curfew in Willingboro?

Ordinance 132-2 It shall be unlawful for any person under 17 years of age to be or remain in or upon the public places within the Township of Willingboro at night during the period ending at 5:00 a.m. and beginning at: A. On Friday and Saturday night: 11:59 p.m.; B. On October 30 of each year: 9:00 p.m.; C. On October 31 of each year: 9:00 p.m.; and D. On all other nights: 10:00 p.m.

Where can I find the local ordinances for Willingboro?

Local ordinances can be found online at

How do I pay for a traffic ticket?

If the summons is marked “ Court Appearance Required”, call the Court Administrator at least one week before your court date to enter you plea. All other summons can be paid either online at: Or payment can be mailed to the address on the back of the summons or in person at the Willingboro Municipal Building, Court Administrator’s office. Payment must be made before your court date or a warrant could be issued for your arrest.

How can I get fingerprinted (i.e. for employment, for medical certification, etc.)?

The Willingboro Police Department offers fingerprinting for all of its residents. You will need to bring proof of identification and residency to the Police station.

What happens if I miss my court date?

If you missed your court date, most likely a warrant has been issued for your arrest. Contact the Court Administrator's Office where the violation occurred to make arrangements to pay the imposed fine.

I would like the police to check something out, but I don't think it's an emergency.  Where can I call?

You can call the non-emergency police number: (609) 877-3000 You will be put in contact with a dispatcher that can send an officer to check out whatever suspicious activity you may be observing.

How can my organization get a police officer as a guest speaker?

For all public appearances, please contact us through our Crime Prevention Office at (609) 877-2200 x1065

Where can I get a copy of an Accident Report?

Accident Reports for incidents that occurred in Willingboro can be obtained through our Records Bureau during normal business hours, or they can be obtained online at:

Can I just send an email to notify the police I need them to respond to something?

While all of our officers and administration have email, the email accounts are not monitored 24 hours a day. Therefore, if you need the police to respond to an incident, please call 9-1-1 for emergencies or (609) 877-3000 for non-emergencies.

What should I do during a traffic stop?

The New Jersey State Attorney General's Office has a very informative initiative called "Safe Stop" that explains in detail how traffic stops are conducted by the police as well as what your rights and responsibilities are as a citizen. You can find a link to the program below:

Is the Police Department hiring?

Our hiring cycle is fluid as we often replace officers that retire, resign, or leave due to injury. We are a Civil Service department and therefore follow the Civil Service guidelines for hiring, first and foremost is seeking applicants who have taken the Civil Service Law Enforcement Entrace Exam. For more information CLICK HERE

Can I file a police report online?

Yes. For certain minor incidents, you can file a report online by using our Citizen's Online Reporting System. To access the system, CLICK HERE

What is the ordinance regarding riding an ATV in Willingboro?

§ 362-1. Title

This Chapter shall be known and cited as “Vehicles, Off-Road”

§ 362-2. Purposes

The purpose of this chapter shall be to set standards for the operation of motor-driven off-road vehicles within the Township of Willingboro to minimize the impact of operation of such vehicles on residents of the Township, the public at large, the environment and assure minimum standards of safety.

§ 362-3. Definitions

As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:


Any vehicle that is propelled other than by human or animal power.


Motor vehicles which are capable of human transport and designed or used for the purpose of recreation off of the public right-of-way including, but not limited to, all-terrain vehicles (ATV), trail/dirt bikes, minibikes, go-carts and snowmobiles. This chapter shall not apply to lawn mowers, tractors or farm, lawn, garden or similar equipment for residential use, or business or agricultural/farming activities when used for purposes for which each was designed.


Lands owned, leased or under the jurisdiction of the Township of Willingboro, Willingboro Board of Education, and/or the Willingboro Municipal Utilities Authority.

§ 362-4 Operation regulations/prohibited acts.

A. It shall be unlawful to operate any ORV under the following circumstances:

(1) On the property of another person or party, unless the operator of the ORV has written permission of the owner or legal occupant of said property to operate the ORV thereon or said property owner is present. Said written permission must be exhibited to police officers upon request.

(2) On any public street, sidewalk or bike path within the Township of Willingboro unless the operator is fully dismounted and the engine is not running.

(3) On any public property.

(4) Within 450 feet of an occupied dwelling, other than the operator's, or on other permitted property, in a manner creating:

(a) Any harsh, objectionable or unreasonable noise so as to disturb or interfere with the peace and quiet of other persons or which produces noise in violation of Chapter 231 of the Code of the Township of Willingboro, titled "Noise."

(b) The presence in the outdoor atmosphere of airborne dust, dirt or debris or in an unsafe manner creating a physical hazard beyond the property line on which the ORV operates such that it interferes with the enjoyment of life or property of the adjoining property occupant.

(5) At any time when the New Jersey Forest Fire Service has rated the Wildfire Danger Levels at “High”, “Very High”, or “Extreme”.

B. It shall be unlawful for the owner or person having control or custody of an ORV to allow or enable a minor (under age 18) to operate said ORV in manner violating any section of this chapter.

(1) When a minor operates an ORV in violation of this chapter, it shall be a rebuttable presumption that the parent or guardian enabled the ORV to be so operated.

C. Exemptions:

(1) ORVs used in or related to agricultural/farm activities, gardening, yard work and for snow removal.

(2) Necessary limited operational testing of ORVs in conjunction with maintenance and repair activities between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.

(3) ORVs authorized by the Willingboro Township Director of Public Safety for use in public safety or emergency functions included but not limited to utility repair, search and rescue operations, police operations, firefighting, and/or EMS operations.

§ 362-5. Evidence of violation.

A. Reports of the prohibited acts from two or more persons who are in general agreement as to the times and duration of the prohibited acts and who reside in separate residences, including apartments and condominiums located within 200 feet of a property line (boundary) from the property on which the source of prohibited acts occur, shall be evidence of a violation.

B. Nothing in this chapter shall preclude a single individual from registering a complaint for any violation of this chapter.

§ 362-6. Equipment/ORV standards.

A. It shall be unlawful for any ORV to be operated within the Township of Willingboro which does not conform to current federal or state standards for the type of ORV in question. If no such standard exists, then current recognized standards-setting bodies or industry trade association standards shall be used, if available.

B. It shall be unlawful for any ORV to be operated without a muffler. For two-cycle engines, a United States Forest Service approved muffler/spark arrester combination is required.

§ 362-7. Violations and penalties.

A. The violation of any section of this chapter shall constitute a separate and distinct offense independent of the violation of any other section or of any order issued pursuant to this chapter. Each day of violation shall constitute an additional, separate and distinct offense.

B. In the case of the first violation of any section of this chapter, the maximum penalty shall, upon conviction of such violation, be a fine not exceeding $500.00, provided, however:

(1) In cases where a minor is involved, a verbal first warning and copy of this chapter may be provided to both the minor and the parent or legal guardian in lieu of a summons, at the discretion of the police officer.

(2) If the ORV in question is again operated in a manner which is found to be in violation of this chapter (not necessarily the same offense), the parent or guardian of the operator shall be cited for violation of this chapter and subjected to the penalties described in § 362-7.

C. In the case of a second violation of this chapter, the maximum penalty shall, upon conviction of such violation, be a fine not exceeding $1,000.00 or imprisonment in the county jail for a period not exceeding 30 days or a period of community service not exceeding 30 days.

D. A third violation of this chapter shall, upon conviction, be punishable as provided in Chapter 1, Article II, General Penalty of the Code of the Township of Willingboro.

E. In the case of violations of trespassing, the police may, in addition to issuing a summons, also immediately impound the ORV used or operated in violation of this chapter. The ORV will be returned upon payment of any towing or removal costs, storage fees, and any court ordered fines.